Top Five Issues Concerning Bail Reform
1. Critics of bail reform argue that it is too lenient on criminal offenders, allowing them to be released with little or no consequence for their actions.
2. Some argue that bail reform could lead to an increase in crime, as offenders may be more likely to commit additional offenses if they know they can be released without consequence.
3. Others worry that bail reform could lead to a decrease in public safety, as offenders who are released may be more likely to commit additional crimes.
4. Some worry that bail reform could lead to an increase in court costs and an overall strain on the court system, as more offenders would be released without consequence.
5. There is also concern that bail reform could lead to an increase in racial disparities in the criminal justice system, as some argue that certain populations are more likely to be released without consequence than others.